Advantages and Disadvantages of Dental Implants
A teeth implant is one of the most effective and functional cosmetic dentistry procedures and the best option to replace missing or lost teeth. Tooth loss in a common problem in millions of people worldwide. If you have missing teeth, you may feel self-conscious, afraid to smile and interact with others.
There are many reasons for tooth loss such as tooth decay, failure of root canal, gum diseases, mouth trauma, congenital defects, medication, excessive wear and tear, malnutrition, irregularities in biting, and other factors. But regardless of the reason for the loss of your tooth, you can turn to cosmetic dentistry procedures such as teeth or dental implants to get effective results.
Dental implants have many advantages and disadvantages:-
* Dental implants are more durable and much stronger compared to the other cosmetic dentistry methods of teeth restoration such as dentures and bridges.
* Implants offer you a permanent solution and also work along with other procedures in cosmetic dentistry like crowns to help improve your appearance.
* Implants have a natural look like your teeth.
* Dental implants have been enjoying a 95 percent success rate based on five-year studies covering lower jaw and upper jaw implants.
* This cosmetic dentistry procedure does not face the risk of cavities formation but still, you have to practice proper dental hygiene to prevent gum diseases around the area of the teeth implants. If you take good care of your teeth implants, it can last for a lifetime.
* It replaces a lost tooth without having to sacrifice the overall health of the teeth around the lost tooth.
* The biggest con of dental implants is that it is costly. It can cost you into thousands.
* Another con of dental implants are that they are not always covered by insurance policies.
* The last con is that it is very time consuming process that may require frequent visits to the dentist.
Find a dentist who can assess the overall health of your teeth and who will determine if you are candidate for teeth implants. You can also ask for cost estimates so you can prepare ahead of time. The dentist may advise you to stop smoking if you choose to have teeth implants to avoid the risk of failure on the procedure. As teeth implants is quite costly and you will be wasting money if it fails.
If you lost only one tooth, one implant and a crown can replace it but losing both natural tooth and its root will need teeth implants. Your gums may need about two weeks to heal after the procedure.
For more information on Dental Implants, Porcelain Veneers & [http://www.essexdentistclinic.co.uk/Dentistry-In-Brentwood-art.asp]Dental Practice Brentwood visit: [http://www.essexdentistclinic.co.uk/]Dentist Essex. Essex Dentist Clinic is a leading cosmetic dentistry clinic in UK, which can be contacted at 01708 442 114 or email: [mailto:email@example.com]firstname.lastname@example.org
- Advantages and Disadvantages of Dental Implants compared to Bridges
- Why DenTal Implants Are Your Best Choice?
- Advantages of Dental Implants Over Bridges – Is Bone Grafting Mandatory for Dental Implant Process?
- Methods and Advantages of Dental Implants
- Dental Implants – who should use this process?